BWCC Policy Document
Guidelines for Dealing with an Incident or Accident
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person’s parent/carer.
- Complete an incident/accident report form.
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital A & E: 01296 315000
- John Hampden Surgery, Great Missenden 01494 890900
- If you are unable to get a mobile signal you can phone from the Public Telephone. Turn left into Ballinger Road. It is situated 130 metres along on the right.